Thursday, September 18, 2008

Theme of the Day: Chocolate and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

Hello everyone! Just a quick update with something that made my morning, and hopefully can put a smile on your face too!

In Spanish grammar class today, we began to discuss how to express hypothetical situations in Spanish. To do so, our professor, Ramón, had us play a game in which we had to continue to build off the response of the person before us. He started out by asking, "What would you do if you had a ton of money?" The following ensued.


If I had a ton of money, I would buy a country.
If I bought a country, I would buy a house on the beach.
If I had a house on the beach, I would suntan a lot.
If I suntanned a lot, I would have lots of freckles.
If I had lots of freckles, I would have a lot of boyfriends.
If I had a lot of boyfriends, I would be a bad person.
If I was a bad person, I would eat a lot of chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream.
If I ate a lot of chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream, I would get fat.
If I got fat, I would lose my boyfriends.
If I lost my boyfriends, I would have horses.
If I had horses, I would give them to my friends.
If I gave them to my friends, I would be super popular.
If I was super popular, I would run for president.
If I ran for president, I would win.
If I won, I would give chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream to my people.
If I gave chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream to my people, I wouldn´t have money.
If I didn´t have money, I would get loans from France.
If I got loans from France, I would have lots of french fries.
If I had lots of french fries, I wouldn´t need chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream.
If I didn´t need chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream, I would give it all to the people of Nicaragua.
If I gave it all to the people of Nicaragua, I would be very popular with my people AND the people of Nicaragua.
If I was popular with my people and the people of Nicaragua, I would run for queen of the world.


Overall, if we had a ton of money, we concluded that we would run to be the royalty of the world. Gosh, do I love Spanish.

In other news, we are back into classes, I still have a horrendous stomach ache from the campo, and I am still posting pictures, all of which will hopefully come to a close by tomorrow afternoon.

Lastly, to everyone: Enjoy your day, because as I have come to discover as I try to put my campo experience together, life is a wonderful thing that we are super lucky to have. Thus, treat yourself to something you love today, for me.

Love,
Nicole

4 comments:

Becca Varon said...

Today I had some amazing chocolate with hazelnuts while sitting in the sunshine. Can that be my thinking-of-you thing for the day? And can we do that more regularly? Like every day, or many times per day? I like it. (...and you. Of course.)

Anonymous said...

Shabbat Shaloooooom Nicole! As it's 9:30am and I'm in thesis lab waiting for a reaction to run it's not quite the time for challah and wine, but I wanted to get the shabbos greetings out asap before a wild and relaxing weekend begins at Bates College. Misss youououou!

Sarah said...

Mama!!
I know I haven't commented on many of your posts lately but I've been making sure to read them. Things have been uber busy lately with APO. We have 34 new pledges =O I might have lost even more of the little sanity I have left by the time you're back. I was actually freaking out the other night and called you without thinking but once I remembered I let it ring anyway just so I could hear your voice. I left you a silly, disoriented message too but it will probably bounce back to me before you get back.
Anyway, enough about me. It sounds like you've been having the most incredible experience of your life. I am so proud of you for everything that you've been doing. I miss being able to call/text/IM you whenever but we did just have the shorter conversation we've probably ever had and ever will have. I listen to your playlist all the time and I'm slowly learning those new groups you gave me although Speechwriters and Matt Nathanson will always be my favs from you.
I love you soooooo much and I miss you just about as much. Keep having an amazing time and definitely keep us updated. I have to go to work now but I'm gonna check all your new pictures later.
<3333333333,
Zeta
PS Yoni was on Jeopardy the other night...I had my sister tape it so I can laugh at it. a lot.

Anonymous said...

That is just my kind of thinking. If I had tons of money I'd visit my friend the queen of the world and have crazy dance parties in pretty dresses in the palace. you get a palace when you're the queen of the world, right?